Livelihood Enhancement & Protection
Funded by: Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund (PPAF)
Project Duration:2 Years (April 2012 – June 2016)
Geographic Focus: District Skardu, Ghizer and Chitral
To reduce inter valleys depravities in terms of economic opportunities and address ultra-poverty in the region
- To enhance and sustain the livelihoods and well-being of poor and vulnerable communities in target areas through provision of assets, resources, support and marketable skills to ultra-poor households.
- To increase purchasing capacity of poorest households for social sector services and basic needs.
- Identify the poor households through wealth ranking exercise in GBC
- Reach out to 5,277 poor and vulnerable families
- Construct productive physical infrastructure projects for poor households
- Assets transferred to 4,390 ultra and vulnerable poor families (GB: 2,963; Chitral: 1,260)
- 140 physical infrastructure projects were constructed benefiting 8406 poor households (link roads, water courses, pipe irrigation, bridges and drinking ware supply schemes)
- Livelihood trainings to 3,113 trainees; (GB: 2,865; Chitral: 248)