AGA KHAN RURAL SUPPORT PROGRAMME
The Aga Khan Rural Support Program (AKRSP) is a private, non-profit company, established by the Aga Khan Foundation in 1982 to improve the quality of life of the rural people of Gilgit Baltistan and district Chitral in KP.
AKRSP is one of the pioneer organizations who, in partnership with Forest Department and IUCN, actually introduced community-driven farm/social forestry in Gilgit-Baltistan through massive afforestation programs with community participation during the decades of 80s and 90s. AKRSP also remain an active partner over the years in conserving and promoting natural resources including biodiversity in Gilgit-Baltistan. Currently AKRSP has its existence in all the region/districts through its Area Programme Offices ad in the form of LSOs and VOS/WOs at community level. It has vast experience of community mobilization/awareness, capacity building ad accomplishing tasks through community support.
Recently Forest Wildlife & Environment Department agreed to enter into a Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) to implement the activities of Prime Minister’s Ten Billion Trees Tsunami Programme (TBTTP).
The AKRSP is inviting the applications from technical experts (field foresters) belonging to Gilgit Baltistan. Particulars of these positions are as follows.
- Field Foresters (9 positions):
Reporting to the Project Manager technically and Area Programme Manager administratively, act as front line forester, coordinating, communicating with and activating LSOs and V/WOs beneficiaries to implement and monitoring of the program activities.
- Assist the APM and Project Manager in activity planning, organization and administration of activities at district, Sub-division, Union Council, valley and village level.
- Assist the APM and Project Head in assessing, identification and supervision of plantation/afforestation, nursery sites, infrastructure projects and trainings in the districts.
- Have dialogues, campaigns, workshops and conferences with LSOs, V/WOs, CSOs and group of individuals regarding the afforestation and nursery development.
- Implementation of afforestation, nursery establishment and impart trainings to the communities and individuals in the district.
- Supervision, follow up visits and monitoring of ongoing project activities and joint monitoring with the Forest Department in the relevant districts.
- Ensure compliance reporting deadlines, documentation and reporting requirements specified by the immediate supervisor.
- Any other responsibilities allocated to the jobholder.
Candidates will be short listed for interview on the basis of the following criteria:
- Required qualification:
M.Sc Forestry/B.Sc Forestry from an Institute or a University recognized by HEC.
- Required experience:
Minimum three months experience in social forestry/forestry extension work with the communities of Gilgit Baltistan.
- Required skills:
Communication and interpersonal, Problem solving and conflict management, Report writing and computer skills (word, excel, power point).
The candidates from Gilgit-Baltistan fulfilling the mentioned criteria should submit their detailed CVs with mentioning the job title in the following email address within a week of this advertisement (i.e. by June 1st 2020). Hard copies will not be accepted therefore use only email source for apply.
NOTE: Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.